Phoenix Premises Liability Attorney
Being injured on someone else’s property can present a broad range of unique legal questions that need to be answered immediately with the help of a dedicated lawyer. Someone who fails to maintain their property in a safe manner could be held responsible in court for the injuries sustained by an innocent victim who finds themselves suffering in an assault, accident, or slip and fall incident.
You could be entitled to recover compensation with the help of Phoenix premises liability lawyer for your medical expenses, injuries and damages linked to those medical conditions.
At Petersen Johnson, our personal injury lawyers in Phoenix have a strong background in premises liability. We can help you review the facts of your case and to tell the story of what happened, how it has affected you and your family and how the incident could have been prevented by appropriate property management. This leads to a compelling case presented before the jury that could help to recover compensation.
You may be able to pursue an injury claim against the homeowner’s insurance policy if you take action quickly and report your concerns to an injury lawyer.
Who is Responsible in a Premises Liability Accident?
Property owners have a responsibility to maintain their property in a safe manner for any individual who has a right to be there. When property owners or managers are negligent, this can lead to catastrophic and serious injuries. Under existing premises liabilities laws in Arizona, property owners could be held financially responsible for injuries caused by their negligence.
An experienced premises liability attorney can tell you more about your rights if a loved one has died on someone else’s property or if you have sustained serious injuries. Some of the most common examples of premises liability cases include:
- Slip and fall: whether it was a trip and fall accident caused by slippery floors, uneven pavement, defective steps or other dangerous walkway conditions, an experienced Arizona premises liability lawyer can assist you.
- Electrocution and fire: when a family member or you have been affected by a hotel fire, electrocution or apartment fire, you need an Arizona premises liability attorney to investigate the accident to identify whether or not negligent wiring, inappropriate sprinkler systems, or insufficient fire escape routes are the cause of your severe injuries. The commercial property owner, the landlord or any other property owner could be held responsible.
- Playground and school accidents: if negligent supervision leads to someone being significantly injured on a playground or a school, your Arizona premises liability lawyer can identify whether or not the school district should be held responsible.
- Negligent security: there are a number of different causes of serious problems on someone else’s property including inadequate parking ramps, dark parking lots, or inappropriately maintained hotels. If inadequate or negligent security has caused you to suffer serious injuries such as a sexual assault or rape while on commercial property, you need a knowledgeable Arizona premises liability attorney who can evaluate the security policies and figure out whether their poor lighting, malfunctioning cameras or inadequate security officers may be to blame.
Over the course of your personal injury claim, a Phoenix premises liability attorney will work closely with you to identify how the accident has affected your life and to identify how the medical conditions you have sustained in the accident may influence your future.
Common Situations That May Rise To Premises Liability Lawsuits
The following are scenarios where a premise owner may be held liable for an injury:
- Someone slips and falls on the premise
- Someone is a victim of a crime on the premise
- Someone is injured at your home
Arizona is full of shopping and strip malls. Owners must make sure sidewalks are clear, ATMs have proper security, and sprinklers and escape routes are clearly marked. These are just a few examples of how premises liability injury law may impact you.
Common Injuries Due to Premises Liability
Some of the most common injuries sustained in premises liability accidents in Phoenix are:
- Broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Head, neck, and back injuries
Knowing the full scope of your injuries can only be achieved when you get medical attention immediately after the accident. At the hospital, doctors may use CT scans and MRIs to figure out whether you have broken any bones or sustained a head injury.
Whether you suffered facial injuries in an animal attack, suffered broken bones in a slip and fall accident, or were the victim of negligent security on someone else’s property. You need to consult with an attorney who has a track record of serving other victims in this capacity in a comprehensive manner. Petersen Johnson lawyers take these cases seriously and provide personalized service when you need it the most.
There are so many different things to worry about immediately after sustaining injuries in a premises liability accident but finding appropriate legal representation is one of the most important.
If you are in the Phoenix area and think you may need a personal injury attorney to help with your claim, set up a free consultation with Petersen Johnson right away.