Traffic Accident Injury Claims
If you have been involved in a car accident, you need to contact an attorney as soon as possible. Since the downturn in the economy, insurance companies have been attempting to take advantage of unrepresented car accident victims. Shortly after a traffic accident, sometimes even at the accident scene, insurance adjusters offer injured victims a minimal amount of compensation before their injuries have been properly assessed and treated by a medical provider.
Do not be fooled by the insurance industry. Not addressing your injuries immediately after a car accident, whether minor or major, may have a negative lasting impact on your life. Please do not jeopardize your health and sign away your legal rights. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call the attorneys at Petersen Johnson today for a free initial consultation.
8 Things to Remember if You’re in a Traffic Accident
- Check for injuries. If anyone needs immediate medical attention, call 911 for an ambulance.
- If you or anyone is severely injured, do not move. If you are able to safely exit the vehicle, do so immediately.
- Call 911 and report the accident to the police.
- While you are waiting for the police to arrive, sit down and remain quiet. While you may not feel much pain, you could be injured. Walking, bending or lifting can make your injuries worse.
- While you are sitting, go over what happened. Get the facts clear. How fast were you going? Where were you? Did you have your turn indicator on?
- Make some written notes if you can. Do not talk to anyone except the police about the facts of the accident.
- If there are witnesses, ask them for their names and phone numbers. They may be able to help establish liability (who is at fault).
- Take photos of the property damage to all vehicles involved.
If you are in the Phoenix area and think you may need a personal injury attorney to help with your claim, set up a free consultation with Petersen Johnson right away.